Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You have mail

While today was a trying day with Conner, it was also an extremely happy day, because today I received a letter from my hubby! I knew there was a chance I would have one waiting in the mail today, but I did not want to get my hopes up, as it really stinks to open up that little metal box ad only have junk awaiting you. But today I had gold!
He is doing very good, busy, but good. He said from now on he will have four hours on Sunday for church and letter writing, so I can expect a letter from him every Wednesday. Wednesday may just become my new favorite day of the week, because any day that has Joseph in it is a great day. He also gave me his address so that if anyone wants to send him a letter or two you can, so if you would like to do that, send me an email and I will send you his address.
Well we both got a laugh out of this, and if you have ever been to our house you will probably know why, but Joseph got head of laundry duty for the 46 guys in his unit. Hmm, this may end up being useful for me, as our laundry only seems to get truly all folded when my mom is here...Joseph says God has been kind to him in this because it allows him to have some "free" time that he would not otherwise have.
Other then that he has been recruited to the choir team (bet you didn't know he could sing) and drill team and will be doing both for his graduation in December. Speaking of graduation, please be in prayer in regards to this as there is a rumor that they will be graduating on the 19th of December! That would be so incredible. I would be on cloud nine if we would be able to spend Christmas with Joseph, especially since it will be our last here in Kentucky. Also I am trying to work something out so that I can go up to Chicago to be there for his graduation and then be able to drive home with him. I am realizing more and more what a big deal they consider this to be and I would love to be able to share it with him.
Alright, well Conner is calling for me and we have a letter to mail and classes to attend!

1 comments:

The Santos Family said...

Glad you finally got news! So exciting! ;)