Monday, November 17, 2008

Emotions...

I apologize for not giving any updates over the past 5 days, but to be honest, I have just not had it in me. Overall everything is doing fine and dandy in the Sutherland world, but its been a hard few days, Days that have made me want to crawl under my covers and stay there, but alas there are two handsome little boys who don't think that's as good an idea as I do. So instead I have been chugging along and trusting in God's provisions, and let me tell you, He has provided. Sometimes its small things, like a friend dropping off some Clementines because she was thinking of me, or other times its large things, like two phone calls from Joseph in a 4 day period, with one of them being a whopping 58 minutes and 7 seconds long. And yes, I counted every second. He has also provided me with endurance because as long as I rely on Him, I have all the endurance I need. I'm still working on the relying on Him part though.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joseph is doing great. He says he is working hard and falling into a routine, which has been both good and bad. Now that things have slowed down he has more time to think, and time to think means he has time to remember some of the things he is missing. While he is gone Brooks is learning to crawl and Conner is beginning to talk in small sentences, and I am growing too. I am becoming more confident in myself, trusting that I have the knowledge and capability to run my household while my husband is gone. Even to run it when he is home, which for me is a big deal. I mean I have always taken care of my children, and Joseph too, but now I am trusting myself with more then just them. Its been a painful process, but God provides.
Ok, back to Joseph. He is officially schedualed to graduate on Chrstmas Eve! It is so wonderful to finally have a date to set my eyes on, something to count down to. But with it comes the reality that I am moving in 7 weeks. While I am excited, I am also sad. I love it here, which if you told me 5 years ago that I would say that, I would probably have called you crazy. But I do. There are so many wonderful people that I am going to miss, and right now its hard to not dwell in that. So all you wonderful people out there, know that I love you and that I a trying really hard to not miss you already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to stop blogging at midnight. One because I am never sure if what I am writing actually flows, and two, because I am to tired to upload pictures. So you are going to have to trust that my children are still as adorable as ever and that I will make my busy self post something earlier so that you all can ogle at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations Tim and Sarah on the birth of your beautiful Eliza! The Sutherland clan cannot wait to meet her :)

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Meag, I have so enjoyed reading your blog. Good news...I'm coming to Louisville December 12-15!!! I will get to see you before your big move! I'm bringing miss Annelise with me. I cannot wait to see you and the boys. Keep us posted about your fam and the move. If you need to talk to someone who has recently the wonderful city of Louisville, I'm here.
Love you,
Joy

Daniel said...

I forgot the word "left" in that last sentence...
- Joy

The Santos Family said...

so I'm also sad to hear you're moving considering I've just started to get to know you better over the past few months! Where exactly will you be moving again? Know that you will be missed. But I'm sure you'll be happy to be with your sweetie again. Praying for you...