Sunday, November 30, 2008

Slightly obsessed

I have a confession to make.
I am obsessed with Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series, absolutely obsessed. I try to blame my niece Larissa (hi Larissa :) ) because honestly if she hadn't mentioned how much she loved it to Joseph and I, then Joseph in a state of desperation for a good book, never would have picked it up, and then brought it home. In our house you know its a pretty darn good book if it actually makes it to the house. We have a tendency to be cheap and read most of "our" book at Barnes and Nobles, because we read so darn fast and those chairs are just so welcoming. Anyways, so Joseph brought home Twilight, then New Moon, Eclipse and because I loved the books so darn much Joseph, Larissa and I even went to the midnight release of Breaking Dawn. Because its slightly embarrassing I will not tell you how many times I have read each book, but lets just say its a little more then 3 times. Each. Sigh. Since Joseph left I have not picked up any of the books, its just too hard reading a great love story when your love story is 600 miles away. I love, love stories, mainly because they remind me of my own story, both with God and Joseph.
Sometimes I think we forget that our own love stories are just as great as those in books and movies because they are our stories. I think of all the moments Joseph and I have spent together, all the special things he has done to show me he loves me, how he daily sweeps me off my feet. That's why I love Twilight, because in Bella and Edwards love story I can see the rawness, passion and reality of my own. It makes me remember all the moments that I have had butterflies in my stomach and it definitely makes me ache to have him back home again. So for now I am going to go curl up with Eclipse and remember all my moments with Joseph.

0 comments: