Monday, November 10, 2008

One postbox coming right up!

I think Conner and I have had a break through on the whole dada is gone thing. First he is still convinced that his dad is currently in a baby (because you know Navy...baby), whenever I ask him where dada is he says with a quizzical look on his face "Dada in the baby?". So how do you explain the Navy and basic training to a two in a half year old? Well you take him to the postbox of course! See normally I drop Joseph's letters off when I am on my way to run an errand since I have to pass right past the postbox, while the boys wait in the car. Well on Saturday we were out for a walk with Rebekah, Malachi and Jonah, so we decided to head up to the postbox so that I could let Conner drop it in. When we got there I lifted him up and showed him how to pull on the door to make it open, then I gave him the letter to drop in. As the letter dropped we said a prayer for Joseph, sent our love and said goodbye. As we were walking away Conner kept turning around and yelling "Bye Dada!" to the postbox, with an "I love you" thrown in there once or twice. Now every time we pass the postbox Conner does the same thing with a big smile on his face. It has also gotten him to ask and talk about Joseph more. We now eat dinner with Joseph's picture next to Conner (he brought it over himself) and I believe I caught Conner trying to play catch with the same picture earlier... so apparently the postbox was just what he needed. Now if only I can convince him Joseph is NOT in a baby...
"Oh the NAVY mom, now I get it! Wait, whats the Navy?"

1 comments:

The Santos Family said...

that is hilarious and cute...all at once. I love the new layout and pics!