Friday, February 6, 2009

When doors close God opens a window

Or in Conner case, when Mama makes it impossible to get out of the bedroom by the door, lets go out the window! Yes people, Conner, my sweet sweet Conner climbed on the window sill, removed the screen from its casing, scaled the wall to the nearest foot hold and then promptly sat in the rocks and began playing outside. Thank goodness my parents live in a one story, and thank God they live off the main road tucked into a small pocket of trees. I found him with a screw in hand playing the drums on the side of the house. I wish I could say that was the end of it, but he is a sneaky little on. After putting him back into bed and keeping an eye on the window for 40 minutes I finally went to relax. Well 40 minutes after that I hear a thump thump thump outside on the deck and there comes Conner thumping up the stairs! Soaking wet, since you know it was drizzling out side! Talk about giving Mama a heart attack.
A new playpen has been purchased and the boys rooms switched up, so Conner is sleeping in the laundry room and Brooks is with me. Funny thing is Conner will climb out a window onto rocks, but wont climb out of a playpen onto tiled floor...

3 comments:

Suth-ern Mama said...

You got to be Kidding!!!!! Oh the thoughts of him as teenager!!!! My prayers are with you my dear!

The Santos Family said...

Wow... like you... I think I would've had a heart attack! Geez... kids are capable of just about anything!

BTW...I'm doing this cloth diaper thing with Benjamin. My sis asked what I wanted for him the other day and I created my diaper wish list. Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

Mama Blue said...

Yay Terra! I wish you a many happy cloth diapering days :)

T~Thanks for that ;)