Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial weekend

Memorial weekend has never had such an impact on me as it has now that my husband is in the military and facing a deployment. It probably sounds very callous (or blond), but in all my 26 memorial weekends it honestly never occurred to me what we were really celebrating or better yet, remembering. But this weekend as I looked at my husband, the emotional-ness of it hit me like a steam engine. I am so very thankful for the men and women who make such huge sacrifices for us, and proud to be a part of the greater military family.

So this weekend I soaked up even more time with my love as we shared our daughter with her great grandparents.




I am so proud of this amazing man!


And because the boys need some blog love too...
all Conner wants to do when at my grandparents house is look through the binoculars,

I really need to stop writing my blog entries late at night,because for some reason I am very tired and all literary brilliance has left me :)

0 comments: